Skip to main content

Cranberry Cinnamon Overnight Oats

Its full speed ahead today with another 2 hours of weight training and staying on track with a clean eating meal plan. No added sugar, juices, or butter here, just plain and delicious clean food. Here's a list of what I had today.

Breakfast: 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats cooked with almond milk with a chopped banana and cinnamon
Snack: Protein Shake 2 scoops with chocolate almond milk
Lunch: Fajitas without tortillas
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Big Serving of Fajitas wrapped in lettuce with brown rice and black beans
Snack: planning on having cottage cheese with salsa, a homemade protein bar, or a Fage Yogurt

For tomorrow's breakfast, I prepped 2 containers of Cranberry Cinnamon Overnight Oats. They are soooo yummy and super easy to make. Check out the recipe below. Here's what you'll need:



Equal Parts (I use about 1/2 cup each)

Rolled Oats
Almond Milk
Fage Yogurt (or any greek yogurt, it is not processed and flavored like other commercial yogurts AND its loaded with protein!)

add ins: 
handful of dried cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp honey

Mix all ingredients together in a tupperware container and let it set in the fridge overnight. I like to heat mine up before eating, but these can be eaten cold as well. Enjoy! Which add-ins do you use in your overnite oats?

Popular posts from this blog

How to deal with hitting a plateau--stay the course or say Fuck It?

Easier said than done. After 2 years on my fitness journey, I finally reached a breaking point. Yes,I had come face to face with the dreaded wall and found myself firmly stuck on a plateau and seriously questioning my motivation to carry on another day, week, year of grueling workouts. After countless hours in the gym, forcing myself to eat clean, and constantly feeling tired and sore, I was seriously wondering, "Why do I put myself through this?". I wanted to just jump to the after picture already! By this point, I was mentally exhausted, hangry and about to drop off that plateau!!I felt more and more like a hamster spinning my wheel full force to nowhere and I was ready for a break. I started to talk myself out of my workouts and summer fitness plans. I kept thinking, "Do I really give a shit if I’m ‘bikini ready’? Why should I give a damn about having a flat 6 pack??" Oh I was in deep and my mind was trying to talk me out of my all the

Move Your Ass Monday

Happy Monday Ladies! If you need an extra push this Monday, here it is. Move. Your. Ass. See, they get it! They already got a head start on their workout for the day. 30 minutes, three times a week. Doesn't matter how you slice it--just get it done however you like and whenever you like. Sure, Zumba counts too ;) So does taking the stairs, walking your dog, doing yoga at your desk during lunch, and parking on the far end of the parking lot. It all counts! I know these things seem small, but it all adds up. Whether you do yard work or dance in the living room after work, (yes I've done that before), just do what you gotta do to get your ass moving! Your level of fitness in totally within your grasp and in your control. Its all on the other side of your own fears and doubt. Are you worried about that other people are doing? Who cares if everyone else is taking the elevator at work? You make your own choices and you have decided to live fit because you want a longer

Facing Fears

The only thing standing between you and your  goal...is fear.  Fear of the unknown, fear of  failure , of success, is all that keeps us from our full potential. For me, the goal is to complete a triathlon, but I'm terrified of the water. You can put me in a boat or even a floatie on the water, but don't put me down for swimming.  Well, who  wouldn't  be afraid to swim 1-3 miles in open water? Yes, miles in a triathlon, not laps….miles of open, cold, deep waters . I’m anxious just thinking about it.  Now, I know the majority of this fear is in my mind. Sure, there is the very real fear that I am not conditioned to swim,  hell I can barely hold my head underwater for 5 seconds without gasping for air, but if I ever want to hold the title of 'triathlete', then I'll have to start somewhere. My first real attempt at swimming was last year and let's just say it didn't go so well. I jumped in the water with new goggles and a sexy swim cap only to ju