Skip to main content

Powdered Peanut Butter Protien Bars

Peanut Butter has been my downfall since I've been eating clean. I used to make trips to the nearest Whole Foods (40 minutes away at that time) just to pickup a container of their peanut butter. True story. 

My go-to snack is peanut butter with bananas, which may sound healthy, but peanut butter is loaded with fat. 2 Tablespoons has 16 grams of fat--yeah, i know. If I ever want to get my 6 pack (or abs of any kind at this point I'll take anything) something has to give, so I gave up peanut butter and switched to PB2's powdered peanut butter and it totally delivered. 

PB2 has only 1.5 grams of fat in 2 Tablespoons! Score. 

I picked up my jar at HEB and rushed home to make my own PB2 Protein Bars. They're easy, and my friends had no idea they were healthy! Here's how I made them:


                                        PB2 Protein Bars
                        1 cup oatmeal or coconut flour
                             4 heaping tablespoons coconut oil 
                                        2 scoops Vanilla Flavored Protein Powder
              1 cap of Vanilla Extract 
       2 Tablespoons PB2
        1 Tablespoon water
Large Banana



The oatmeal is just a filler to make everything stick together. You can also use another flour like whole wheat or coconut --yum. You may need a bit less depending on how much banana or PB2 you decide to put in. Use what you need to make the mixture stick together as oats tend to take over the flavor. Mix together all the ingredients and the 'dough' should ball up and look like this soft gooey mixture: 


Give it a taste! The banana and vanilla extract really gives it a lot of flavor. 


Flatten the mixture between 2 sheets of parchment and let it set in the fridge before cutting into squares. 20 minutes later--Voila! Protein to go.




Do you have any PB2 recipes to share? Let me know in the comments below. 




Popular posts from this blog

How to deal with hitting a plateau--stay the course or say Fuck It?

Easier said than done. After 2 years on my fitness journey, I finally reached a breaking point. Yes,I had come face to face with the dreaded wall and found myself firmly stuck on a plateau and seriously questioning my motivation to carry on another day, week, year of grueling workouts. After countless hours in the gym, forcing myself to eat clean, and constantly feeling tired and sore, I was seriously wondering, "Why do I put myself through this?". I wanted to just jump to the after picture already! By this point, I was mentally exhausted, hangry and about to drop off that plateau!!I felt more and more like a hamster spinning my wheel full force to nowhere and I was ready for a break. I started to talk myself out of my workouts and summer fitness plans. I kept thinking, "Do I really give a shit if I’m ‘bikini ready’? Why should I give a damn about having a flat 6 pack??" Oh I was in deep and my mind was trying to talk me out of my all the

Move Your Ass Monday

Happy Monday Ladies! If you need an extra push this Monday, here it is. Move. Your. Ass. See, they get it! They already got a head start on their workout for the day. 30 minutes, three times a week. Doesn't matter how you slice it--just get it done however you like and whenever you like. Sure, Zumba counts too ;) So does taking the stairs, walking your dog, doing yoga at your desk during lunch, and parking on the far end of the parking lot. It all counts! I know these things seem small, but it all adds up. Whether you do yard work or dance in the living room after work, (yes I've done that before), just do what you gotta do to get your ass moving! Your level of fitness in totally within your grasp and in your control. Its all on the other side of your own fears and doubt. Are you worried about that other people are doing? Who cares if everyone else is taking the elevator at work? You make your own choices and you have decided to live fit because you want a longer

Tabata Time!

Tabata is a great way for you to structure your HIIT workouts and easily switch up your routine. Just select a few exercises you would like to try and do each one for 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest and repeat 16 times. If you choose 2 exercises then repeat 8 times and so on. Below are 3 Tabata rounds for a Full Body Workout. Be sure to warm up and stretch for 5 minutes, then get to it. Here we go! After this round, take a minute rest and setup for Round 2--after the jump.  Take a minute rest and finish off with a 3rd Round for a complete workout.  Congratulations! You made it! Let me know what you think & share your favorite Tabata workouts below.